Before you consider a career in nonprofits, you might want to consider these questions:
1. Is the cost of your tuition [possibly grad-school] prohibitive to your desired lifestyle?
2. What is the expected salary range for this career?
3. If you have taken out student loans, can you afford to repay them on your expected salary?
1. Will you need a graduate degree at some point? How will that help you in your career? How will you plan for that personally and financially?
1. Why have you chosen this field?
2. What kinds of populations do you want to work with?
3. What kinds of issues would you like to address?
4. Have you considered your personal goals along with your professional goals?
5. What skills do you want to most use to help others? How will that impact the specialization(s) you choose? (Development/Fundraising, Administration, Program Design/Coordination, etc.)